About Veteran’s Ananda
Veteran’s Ananda Inc. is a 501c3, independent, non-profit organization that utilizes traditional and non-traditional treatments and therapies; to assist with supporting, healing, and rehabilitating U.S. Armed Service Members, veterans, and first responders from across the nation; so they can live happy, productive, and fulfilling lives at home and in their communities.
To provide free, world class, medical, psychological, and spiritual care to U.S. Armed Service Members, veterans, first responders, and their families.
Through short-duration, high-impact retreats and long-term post traumatic growth programs, Veteran’s Ananda will revolutionize a model of healing that integrates evidence-based therapies, a safe and peaceful space, with unparalleled customer service; to improve physical, emotional, spiritual, and economic well-being for our nation’s armed service members, veterans, first responders, and their families.
Who We Are
Sarah Stenuf, U.S. Army Veteran and founder of Veteran’s Ananda, personally experienced PTSD post-Afghanistan deployment. She attempted to ease her symptoms through the use of drugs and alcohol before seeking medical treatment, where she was then prescribed 13 different medications. Exhausted and frustrated by years of ineffective treatment, she turned to cannabis and found it to be effective in alleviating her PTSD symptoms.
What We Believe
- A privately -funded model is the only way to generate the innovation, flexibility, and individualized care required to solve this problem.
- Combat veterans and first responders are the strongest among us, and that they only require training to thrive at home.
- Times of struggle can serve as the fuel for transformation and growth
- Combat-related stress is contagious, therefore, to heal combat veterans and first responders, you must focus on the entire family.
- A calm, rural setting is a key component of the healing process.
- Strong, capable, and trained military mentors, working hand-in-hand with therapists and training experts, are the key to fostering an environment of trust, openness, and safety.
- Life is full of ups and downs. Successfully dealing with struggle requires mentors, strong support networks, and wellness practices.
- A comprehensive wellness model encompasses Mind, Body, Spirit, and Financial elements.
- Veterans have skills, training, expertise, knowledge, and characteristics that make them bred leaders and therefore, the key influencers shaping the programs affecting their lives
- Those best equipped to train others to achieve post-traumatic growth are those who have experience post-traumatic growth in their own lives.
Learn More About Veteran’s Ananda
Charity Navigator Rating: Not yet rated
Veteran’s Ananda Official Website: https://veteransananda.org/